CyrusOne’s recommended Data Center RFP has been developed using the collective experience of CyrusOne’s industry experts who have spent years helping prospects scope and deliver colocation solutions, finalize contracts, and confirm use of industry best practices.
As the preferred data center provider to Fortune 1000 companies, CyrusOne offers this as a complimentary resource to other companies seeking IT solutions.
What is a Data Center RFP?
A Data Center RFP, or Request for Proposal, is a precise document used to vet potential data center providers on your company’s specific requirements. Using this Data Center RFP enables you to edit or delete sections from to reflect your organization’s pre-determined criteria and customize it to specific business needs.
How to Use a Data Center RFP
Using a Data Center RFP to select the right provider is a critical step toward successfully outsourcing some of your IT infrastructure needs.
The RFP includes the following:
- Data Center Provider Overview – understand what key company information to analyze to get experience and stability
- Building/Property – determine how to properly gather all the needed technical and design specs on the different facilities
- Data Center Space – gather key measures for current and future colocation needs
- Electrical & Cooling Specifications – understand key specs to gather to properly plan for power densities, redundancies, configurations, cooling output and more
- Network Services – avoid being locked into expensive connectivity agreements with little flexibility around carriers
- Data Center Systems/Personnel – ask the key questions on environmental and security monitoring systems and procedures
- Risk Overview – get critical information about the facilities location, history, and access
- Availability Review – determine if the data center can scale as your business grows
- Professional Services – uncover key partnerships and services you may need in the future
- Pricing and Terms – understand key lease differences and the hidden costs they contain